Thursday, September 16, 2010

Son of a DishWasher!

Starting this one with a GRRRRRRRRR! Previous post... Selling house. Now that you're all caught up... The other day our dishwasher stopped working. This dishwasher has been on the outs for a while, but still works thanks to my amazing skillz. so My lovely informs me of the no workie, and remembering the wise words of my father who said "check the small things," i do just that. fuse box, A-OK. Turn the knob a few times on the machine (has worked in the past), no fixy. I guess it's time for a new machine. It couldn't break after we sold the house? DAMN!

Off to Lowes I go, and purchase a lovely, plain white boring $300 dishwasher. I remove the old, install the new, flip the breaker back on, and check for leaks, and Tada...... Nothing! No lights, no swishing, NOTHING! I then notice the light switch which hides behind the coffee maker which the cleaners must have turned off on sunday.

Son of a Dishwasher!

We're keeping it.

GRRRRRRRRR.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mickey said...

Are you saying that the old one did not break it was just that the switch was shut off.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bad Mood said...

um, yeah. hence the double GRRRRRRR. it was on the outs anyway, we just bumped up the timeline a little. i have no problems airing out my stupidity.

8:26 PM  
Blogger maryknoller said...

LOL! i hear ya. similar thing happened to us not too long ago but it turned out the wiring for the switch was loose.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home